Re: [LAU] ground loop hell

From: Roger <gurusonic@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 16 2015 - 03:10:28 EET

On 16/02/15 11:51, Len Ovens wrote:

> It seems even with all power coming from one outlet, I have one
> amplifier with some hum. It is way less and by playing with levels I
> was able to make it so low as to not be noticed. However my plan of
> isolating everything should fix it completely.
Look at the signal cabling or even nearby EMF sources. I recall ages ago
having a Dbx 160 compressor in a rack under a Klark Teknik DN27 graphic
EQ with a small but noticeable hum in the speakers. Separating these by
1 rack space cured the hum!
And some equipment just hums by itself anyway, especially as it ages.