Re: [LAU] Alternative Kernel for Mint 17.1?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Feb 16 2015 - 22:19:56 EET

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 12:13:53 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>Make a hard copy of an lsmod report, and using "make xconfig", disable
>most of what is shown as a default module build (a period is shown in
>the checkbox, clear the box by clicking on it) leaving only what is
>shown on the lsmod listing

No!

Assumed the OP wants a minimalist linux-rt, that fit's to the
OP's used hardware and nothing else, then

localmodconfig

is the way to go.

I never used it, I prefer to copy a config of the distro's default
kernel, e.g. the config of an Ubuntu Studio lowlatency kernel and then I
run

oldconfig

to add or discard new options and to add rt options. Sometimes I edit
some things manually, but that's uninteresting for the OP.