Re: [LAU] Problems with sample rate and recordings (Mackie onyx 1640-i < Firewire > Debian )

From: alexus / dotcommon <dotcommon@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 26 2015 - 21:26:27 EET

On 2015-02-26 16:18, sub wrote:
> [...]
>
> The machine has also another analog audio card:
>
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio
> Controller (rev 02)
>
> And i don't know how this could influence the setup.

Anyway, if you dont need/use this soundcard (which is the one integrated
in the mainboard, I suppose), then it should be better to blacklist it.

It means avoid loading the related kernel module.

To see which are the loaded modules do:
$ lsmod

To blacklist the unwanted module (say it is named: 'snd_hda_intel'), add
the line:
   blacklist snd_hda_intel
to the '/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base-blacklist.conf' config file.
Another way is:
- create a file '/etc/modprobe.d/snd_hda_intel.conf' containing
'blacklist snd_hda_intel'
('snd_hda_intel' is just an example... you should use the "right" module
name)
Run 'depmod -ae' as root (sudo)
Recreate your initrd with 'update-initramfs -u'
(See: https://wiki.debian.org/KernelModuleBlacklisting)

Here some info about fixing the audio setup:
http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/system_configuration
http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/system_configuration#using_firewire

Regards

--