Re: [LAU] Problems with sample rate and recordings (Mackie onyx 1640-i < Firewire > Debian )

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 27 2015 - 00:13:40 EET

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015, alexus / dotcommon wrote:

>> The machine has also another analog audio card:
>>
>> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio
>> Controller (rev 02)
>>
>> And i don't know how this could influence the setup.
>
> Anyway, if you dont need/use this soundcard (which is the one integrated in
> the mainboard, I suppose), then it should be better to blacklist it.
>
> It means avoid loading the related kernel module.

If the internal Audio is not to be used most BIOS will let you disable it.
I always do this on my systems because HDA audio and "low latency" don't
seem to mix. The only way I can think of that one audio device will affect
the other when only one is tied to jack is if PA-jack bridging is being
used, but I have not seen fluctuation in sample rate this way from that.
(it is why I disable internal audio though)

The only similar thing I have had is if I have sync set to follow S/PDIF
when it is not there to follow and then the sample rate wanders. But there
does not seem to be any external sync options in your case.

Are you using the jack FW backend? or the new FW ALSA device?

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net