Re: [LAU] Problems with sample rate and recordings (Mackie onyx 1640-i < Firewire > Debian )

From: David Santamauro <david.santamauro@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 27 2015 - 12:16:32 EET

Hi,

On 02/26/2015 11:18 AM, sub wrote:
> When i playback audio from the linux machine (like mp3s ) through the
> firewire and the Onyx console, i get random switches of speed and pitch.
If pulseaudio is involved, check these settings in /etc/daemon.conf

default-sample-rate
alternate-sample-rate

The default settings, I believe were 44100 and 48000 respectively and
this caused certain applications (skype, in particular) to have their
signals downsampled from 48k -> 44k. Was an interesting affect during
skype conversations but ultimately got annoying so I changed both
settings above to the same value (48000) and all is well.