Re: [LAU] Cutting the USB cord :-)

From: Chris Caudle <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 04 2015 - 03:40:14 EET

On Tuesday, March 03, 2015 6:23:19 PM Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> The 96k is for the highs. I like to have a very gentle feathery
> timbre available in the higher reaches at lower volumes, in strings.
> The shape of the waveform is very crude, if you think about it, at
> 48k in the higher reaches.

And if you think about it a little more thoroughly you will realize that
a proper low-pass filter completely changes the waveform shape, and 48k
is plenty as long as you don't need to actually generate ultrasonics.

> Had not heard of OPUS. Can you direct me to a reading or three?

It is a xiph.org project (with its own web site):
http://www.opus-codec.org/

--
Chris Caudle