Re: [LAU] [ANN] Qtractor 0.6.6 - The Lazy Tachyon is out!

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rui.capela@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 30 2015 - 00:57:39 EEST

On 03/29/2015 09:07 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 22:00:59 +0300
> David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> This cannot build because no matter what I choose, it is building with qt5
>> includes!
>
> I hadn't noticed that :(
>
> Hmmm.
> I thought qt 4 & 5 were supposed to be able to work side-by-side.

you can either build for qt4 *or* qt5 but not both.

if you have both development libraries and headers installed, guess it's
libqt4-dev and libqt5-dev on debian, you should state at configure time
which on do you target. eg.

   ./configure --enable-qt5
   ./configure --with-qt5=/path/to/qt5 (ie. where bin, lib* and include
sub-directories are located)

nb. configure assumes --enable-qt4 by default.

although all qstuff can be built on qt5 it is still NOT the recommended
target, specially for qtractor where you miss some important lv2 plugin
gui support: libsuil doesn't work with qt5 and probably never will. sorry.

hth.
cheers.

--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela