[LAU] Check compliance of SF2 soundfont

From: Alexandre DENIS <contact@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 30 2015 - 01:32:24 EEST

Hi,

I bought samples from Dubsounds in SF2 format, and looping is wrong
when rendering with fluidsynth. I'm wondering how to check whether this
is caused by buggy files or a bug in fluidsynth.

The symptoms:
-- in fluidsynth (command line, qsynth, Calf plugin, or Carla), I can
hear that looping is wrong -- there is obviously a gap
-- in swami, the start loop point seems ok, but the end loop points is
beyond the end of sample. When loading the soundfont, it spits a bunch
of "libInstPatch-WARNING **: Invalid loop for sample" on the console
-- in polyphone, it loads and plays ok. Loop points are perfect.

Is there some extension or advanced feature that polyphone supports but
not fluidsynth nor swami? How may I know who is the culprit?

Here is the output of sf2dump: http://pastebin.com/CthdwrQf

Thank you,
-Alexandre.