Re: [LAU] Pixel Land Jazz Ensemble

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 16 2015 - 22:51:12 EEST

Gene Hesket wrote:
>> Some of you may be interested in a fresh slice of "The Saints Go Marching
>> in" from the "Pixel Land Jazz Ensemble" as arranged by Dr Richard
>> Marschall
>>
>> https://soundcloud.com/kotau/final-saints-48khz
>>

> I thought this one was worth listening too, and on balance it was.
> Nicely creative but a bit slower paced than the Saints would normally
> be. Rather than the rousing march it usually is, it gives the
> impression of just slowly ambling down the street. Solo work from
> around the 4 minute mark on was nicely highlighted. Thank you.

Thanks Gene, I agree that the main section has a tighter feel to it and
the "Pixel Land Jazz Ensemble" comes together well at that point but I
hope you'll have another listen to the lead in again. It's Actually more
Impressive than the main section from several aspects ;-)

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd