Re: [LAU] GuitarSynth and polyphonic pitch estimation

From: Gerald Mwangi <gerald.mwangi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 19 2015 - 10:49:39 EEST

Hi, thanks for your interest. The pitch is stable after attack and
before release phase. But during those phases it jumps arround. aubio
has a method for detecting those phases, which I want to try out. When
nothing is played it get irritated by the noise if your input gain is
to high. You have to set your input gain low enough to silence the
noise, but high enough that the synths kick in.
For Hardware: Any cheap soundcard should do the job. I tried it with
the onboard card of my computer. But if your looking for something
beyond alpha stage checkout Rakarrack's monophonic audio to midi
converter.
My plans are to test aubio's polyphonic pitch abilities, which doesn't
need a hex-pickup (is that what your building?).
so stay tuned
Gerald