Re: [LAU] Building Ardour 4 - Gnu/Debian Wheezy.

From: Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 27 2015 - 01:03:46 EEST

Am 26.04.2015 um 23:32 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> You completely missed my point.

How so?

> It's not that unusual that people install different versions of Ardour parallel.

I don't deny that there is a need for that.

> This has absolutely nothing to do with the policy of what used distro ever.

However, on Arch it is the default that you get the latest version of a
sofwtare, if you install it via the package management, even if you
don't use the bleeding edge with a VCS package from AUR (the ones ending
in -svn, -git, etc.).

If you want't to use an old version for Ardour alongside the standard
package with the latest version, you need to either install it without
the package management or there needs to be a package for the old
version, which then would not be called "ardour" anymore and thus not
conflict with the newest package.

BTW, there already is an "ardour2" package. Feel free to submit an
ardour3 package to AUR.

Chris