Re: [LAU] Ardour Version Question: 2 versus 3?

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 05 2015 - 00:11:52 EEST

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Emanuele Rusconi <emarsk@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Paul, please be aware that people that uses software to work can be VERY
> conservative, I think it's at the very least understandable and that
> it's a choice that don't deserve to be insulted, especially when the
> transition to A3 is not been so smooth.

I've tried to be as clear as I can: if Ardour 2.x works for your workflow
then keep using it as you see fit. But do not suggest that 2.x is somehow a
superior choice for anybody else. To do so is to essentially reduce the
work that many developers have put in over many years to nothing. I am not
insulting people who feel that Ardour 2.x is perfect for them - I am just
unhappy to see it promoted as in any way better than 4.0.