[LAU] New subscriber & Linux Sound Night videos

From: Andrés Pérez <contact@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 11 2015 - 16:01:01 EEST

Hello!

I'm Andrés, and I'm very pleased to send my first email to the LAU list.
I don't know why I was not part of it before, but after the great
LAC2015 I needed it.

As some of you might remember, I had the pleasure to perform at the
Linux Sound Night (it was also my first ever live performance), under
the name of Vagabundo Barbudo. I have just edited a video about it
(thanks Rui and Javi!), which you can see here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28po8oxtfH4.

The music is 100% made with free software. For production I use
QTractor, Hydrogen, Ardour, usually the Calf plugins and a little bit of
SuperCollider. If you are interested, you can find all the music in
www.vagabundobarbudo.com, as well as in soundcloud.com/vagabundobarbudo.
All audiovisual material is released under cc-by-sa.

The automatic lighting is provided by RTML, a small program I'm
developing for SuperCollider. It takes audio inputs, analyses the audio
in real-time according to low- and mid-level musical features, and
outputs OSC messages, from which I control the stage fixtures with
another small script. The code can be found at
github.com/andresperezlopez/RTML, although it has still some small
issues. I expect to document and finish it soon - I will announce it
here anyway. Please feel free to use it for whatever you want.

Best,

--
Andrés Pérez López
www.andresperezlopez.com