Re: [LAU] New subscriber & Linux Sound Night videos

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 13 2015 - 12:53:10 EEST

On Mon, May 11, 2015 11:01 pm, Andrés Pérez wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm Andrés, and I'm very pleased to send my first email to the LAU list.
> I don't know why I was not part of it before, but after the great
> LAC2015 I needed it.
>
> As some of you might remember, I had the pleasure to perform at the
> Linux Sound Night (it was also my first ever live performance), under
> the name of Vagabundo Barbudo. I have just edited a video about it
> (thanks Rui and Javi!), which you can see here:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28po8oxtfH4.
>
> The music is 100% made with free software. For production I use
> QTractor, Hydrogen, Ardour, usually the Calf plugins and a little bit of
> SuperCollider. If you are interested, you can find all the music in
> www.vagabundobarbudo.com, as well as in soundcloud.com/vagabundobarbudo.
> All audiovisual material is released under cc-by-sa.
>
> The automatic lighting is provided by RTML, a small program I'm
> developing for SuperCollider. It takes audio inputs, analyses the audio
> in real-time according to low- and mid-level musical features, and
> outputs OSC messages, from which I control the stage fixtures with
> another small script. The code can be found at
> github.com/andresperezlopez/RTML, although it has still some small
> issues. I expect to document and finish it soon - I will announce it
> here anyway. Please feel free to use it for whatever you want.

The set is more cohesive with the different camera angle and the
explanation about your RTML app. I see you have a lot going on at the same
time.

Good to see that you have tuned the system so there are not audible
dropout and you can still get around the stage.

I can see this set going down well in the performance art festival
circuit. I think a crazy costume would add nicely to the "Performance Art"
aspect. It would be well received in Korea, Japan and Taiwan. You could
put together a promo video and reach out to some of the arts festivals
over there. Australia and NZ markets would also be a good place to look if
you wanted to perform farther afield.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd