Re: [LAU] Shielded electrical wiring for studio (or not)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Jun 03 2015 - 10:47:26 EEST

On Tue, 2 Jun 2015 21:59:50 -0700, Glen MacArthur wrote:
>Chris,
>
>Wow, that paper is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.. Thanks
>very much for the link and your insight..
>
>Glen

Some countries were plastic conduit is much used have rigid
regulations regarding radio interference suppression, fire prevention
etc.. Do you really want to use metal conduit for cables to and from
each light switch and outlet? Do you think that this really could be a
serious weak point in your new studio? Anything else in your chain of
used gear is without weak points?

Consider to ask on audio engineer forums and read more than one paper.

Unless you shouldn't be Ri¢hie Ri¢h, you perhaps want to spend time and
money in something that might improve acoustic properties, audio gear
or music instruments. That is at least what I would do.

2 Cents,
Ralf