Re: [LAU] Interfacing an electric guitar

From: fred <f.rech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 19 2015 - 18:06:37 EEST

      De : "jonetsu@email-addr-hidden"

Hello all,

Just got an electric guitar.  First time.  Now putting on a new set of
strings.

Got a 1/4" wire and a passive direct box that's already used for a
Wavedrum.  Got also a small guitar amp with an headphone out jack, as
an option.  The audio card is a M-Audio 1010LT.

Can I simply take the 1/4" wire from the passive direct box and connect
it to the guitar ?  I believe there's a guitar processing app out there
called something like rackarrack or such.  Does this work through jackd
as in doing the audio routing using qjackctl ?

Alternatively if I want the amp's sound and processing, I can simply
use the amp's headphone out, although I'd like to try the computer
based only interface and processing.

Cheers.

Hi happy Canadian guitarist :)
IMHO, best chain for the hardware you describe isguit>DIbox>1010LT>QjackCtl>Guitarix>QJackCtl>1010LT>guit ampif you only want to play guitar with Guitarix FX & modélisation?
TIP: don't forget to put a hard limiter before Guitarix out, this (very nice)       software (available in french)))) is able to produce very hard level...
HTH, have fun!Fred