Re: [LAU] outfitting a computer for songwriting in linux?

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 26 2015 - 11:08:09 EEST

Hmm, Karen's original focus seemed to be on composing sheet music (vs
recording audio from the keyboard or other instruments) with the
keyboard intended as an input device for the sheet music engine?

I use Debian Sid, the software is frequently updated.

AVLinux has a pile of graphics, animation and video software that might
only clutter things up for anyone who doesn't use them.

Another option would be Musix 3.0, it's dedicated for music/audio work.
And its main brain hangs out on this list.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@hawaii.rr.com