[LAU] Found ALSA driver for Behringer FCA202 (Firewire)?

From: Jonathan Brickman <jeb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 14 2015 - 04:55:01 EEST

Saw something I didn't expect while debugging my production box; in
/proc/asound/cards, an entry named FCA202, which was my Behringer FCA202
firewire interface. Since when does ALSA do Firewire interfaces?

I'm tracking a very intermittent freezup bug of some sort, and thought
perhaps this ALSA driver was interfering with JACK and its Firewire side,
and have blacklisted the driver involved (snd_oxfw) just in case. It will
take a lot of testing to come to an opinion whether or not this eliminated
the problem.

But meanwhile, does this mean that I have the option of using
JACK-->ALSA-->FCA202 as well as JACK-->Firewire-->FCA202?
Anyone know which perhaps I should prefer for high performance at low
latency? I'm running 96KHz and liking it a lot...

In case it helps: kernel 4.1.3 Liquorix, Debian Testing, 64-bit, up to
date.

--
*Jonathan E. Brickman   jeb@email-addr-hidden
<http://login.jsp/?at=02e47df3-a9af-4cd9-b951-1a06d255b48f&mailto=jeb@email-addr-hidden>