Re: [LAU] External arpeggiator and MIDI sync ?

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 15 2015 - 18:22:43 EEST

On Sat, 15 Aug 2015, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> I would like to sync the arpeggiator from a Korg Microstation to
> Ardour. The user guide says:
>
> "the arpeggiator will synchronize to the MIDI Clock and Start
> messages received from a connected MIDI device."
>
> The audio card is a 1010LT. The Microstation is connected through USB
> and is fully seen in jack (qjackctl). Is it possible to have MIDI sync
> for the external synth ? How would the wiring be done ? Will there be a
> need for an Ardour MIDI track for the Start (and possibly Stop)
> signals ?

Ardour already has a "MIDI clock out" You should be able to "mix" this
with the midi stream going to the korg if you are using jack midi.
Connect your normal midi out to the 1010 port going to the korg and then
connect MIDI clock out to the same 1010 port.

If you are not using a midi channel to do the actual note press input then
it is only one connection.

Note: I don't have the devices in question so I am just theorizing.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net