Re: [LAU] Jack and sample rate conversion quality

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 27 2015 - 05:33:34 EEST

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015, Taner Tas wrote:

> I'm quite new on Jack. As I'm aware of that we have to choose a particular
> sampling rate for proper operation, I wonder that re-sampling must have done by
> client or Jack is taking this part on itself. I'm curious on this because I'm

Generally no-one does resampling... well thats not true. A sample player
does resampling no matter the original SR as each note is different.
Filters use SR changes as well.

> trying to figure out that resampling quality relies on client's own settings or
> some particular resampling method that used by Jack. If Jack does the resampling,

Jack does none of the resampling. Jack opperates at the audio card SR and
expects it's clients to keep pace.

> have we any chance on tuning the resampling quality?

Choose your clients wisely. As with any DSP code, some is good, some code
is not.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net