Re: [LAU] Mixer for recording and live

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 10 2015 - 22:30:44 EEST

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 14:09:56 -0500
Brent Busby <brent@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> My questions would be:
>
> - How Linux-friendly is the USB support? Does it revert into some sort
> of "class-compliant" mode that handicaps most of the fun if you try to
> use it outside of Mac/Windows world, without a special closed driver?

An excellent question and one that's also at the top of my list. It's
said to use the same interface as their MADI-USB card which is known to
work with Linux so I have high hopes.

> - Do the channel EQ's feature a bypass/defeat button, to let you take
> the EQ out of the circuit?

Doesn't look that way.

> - What's the quality of the converters like? Being that it's 2015,
> that's almost become an anachronistic question. Almost nobody makes
> "bad" converters anymore...but it's still a concern for me anyway.

This is still unknown, though I've not heard of anyone saying Soundcraft's
converters are bad. They're certainly not going to be in the Apogee Symphony
class, but I'm sure they'll be pretty good.