Re: [LAU] New hardware setup for recording (not same as existing threads)

From: Martin Cracauer <cracauer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 11 2015 - 22:48:57 EEST

Thanks, everybody. Your help with the ADAT things is greatly
appreciated. I have a RME HDSP 9652 and a PreSonus Digimax LT 8. So
far so good.

I would like to add outputs (the LT8 is 8x input only). I know that
the Behringer ADA8000 is a good, working choice. I try to avoid
Behringer and the power consumption and heat is a concern for me since
I have limited rackspace. I would also prefer to have proper BNC in
and through for world clock.

Alternatives seem slim, so I have a question about the Focusrite
Saffire PRO 56. I see a lot of references that say that this unit
must be configured from their own Windows software. Is that actually
the case? If I just use it from factory default, won't it just work
for simple in and out?

Sadly, the Saffire 40 does not have world clock.

Any other recommendations? I just need 4 to 8 line outputs from ADAT,
BNC world clock and I highly prefer both analog in and out to be
symmetric/balanced.

Martin

--
Martin Cracauer <cracauer@email-addr-hidden>   http://www.cons.org/cracauer/