Re: [LAU] Problem getting started with Midi editing - no sound!

From: David Sumbler <david@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 15 2015 - 00:56:12 EEST

No, this isn't a cabling problem - I haven't even got as far as
connecting the piano to the computer.

Simply I cannot get any sound when playing a midi file in Qtractor or
Muse even though the editor and QjackCtl show that the file is being
processed (time counters advancing etc.)

Yet I can play a midi file using tiMidity (either in GUI or from command
line), and the sound on both my computers is generally OK in any other
situation too.

There's no point connecting the piano to the computer until I know I can
hear stuff from the editor.

David