Re: [LAU] Problem getting started with Midi editing - no sound!

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 15 2015 - 09:12:04 EEST

Hello David,

On 09/14/2015 11:56 PM, David Sumbler wrote:
> Simply I cannot get any sound when playing a midi file in Qtractor or
> Muse even though the editor and QjackCtl show that the file is being
> processed (time counters advancing etc.)

You need to tell Qtractor or Muse which sound engine to use to play the
MIDI files. By default Qtractor, Muse or an editor like Seq24 do not
make sound by themselves. When using Qtractor, it can produce sound
through plugins (LV2, VST,DSSI,LADSPA) or through an external app that
is connected via ALSA MIDI (like Qsynth).

Jeremy