Re: [LAU] The totally useless debate about purported 'natural' tunings [WAS]: Re: "droning" project: 249-257

From: Set Hallstrom <sakrecoer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 01 2015 - 14:56:51 EEST

Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Actually "silence" not necessarily is a DC offset ;), but silence is
> silence, it's just a part of music, silence alone isn't music, even
> not for a John Cage composition.

I once went to this "noise" gig. I can't remember the artist name, a
friend took me there. The artist entered the room, and stood in front of
us. Suddenly, he walked over to the water dispenser, and pulled the
plug. Then i went back in front of us, a few seconds later, he walked to
some overhead projector, and turned it off, then went back in front of
us. He did this to EVERY object in that room producing noise, slowly,
removing layer after layer of noise, to reach what was as close as
possible to silence in that room. It made me think about silence in a
new way.

If anybody knows the name of the artist, please share it.

> Assumed a standard A could/would be in consistence with the universe.
> What should it be good for?

Transcend existence? I guess thats the point in the debate where
everything becomes an esoteric question :D

Yours,

--
Set