Re: [LAU] Favourite Linux reverbs?

From: Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 03 2015 - 20:21:16 EEST

Thanks for your suggestions so far. Keep them coming! :)

1) Didn't know about the OverTone plug-in yet. The demo sounds nice and
the interface is clear and simple. Would be nice to have more than one
type of reverb, though.

2) The DiscoDSP reverb ins't listed on their new home page.

3) I have used MVerb and the zynaddsubfx reverb, which is available
through the Carla-project as a separate plugin, and they sound ok, but
they only come with a few presets and I didn't have the time to try
tweaking the available params much yet. I do wish that Open Source audio
projects would invest more time in shipping with more presets (there are
projects that do, I know).

4) I tried the CAPS PlateX2 reverb and I quite like it. Simple but good
sounding for vintage stuff. I would still prefer if params had
"speaking" labels and values used proper units and value ranges.

5) After I began writing this mail I spent the afternoon cataloging the
reverb plugins I have installed on my system. Here's the result:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b67TKhqMNl4xa3O22Uhux55ip5NZfFJrHkDGlSE1Wjg/pubhtml?gid=1132970797&single=true

Corrections, additions and comments welcome!

Chris