Re: [LAU] Favourite Linux reverbs?

From: F. Silvain <silvain@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 02 2015 - 18:42:56 EEST

Christopher Arndt, Oct 2 2015:
> So, let's start with reverbs: which reverb plugins do you use? Which are
> your favourites? In which situation? Do you have any good settings or
> presets to share? I can use almost any format, i.e. LADSPA, LV2, Linux
> VST, Windows VST 64bit, although I prefer LV2 and Linux VSTs and at
> least a basic GUI, since I like it when parameters are labelled properly
> and have "real" values, not only 0.0 .. 1.0 ;)
Hey hey,
I use the g2verb LADSPA plugin by Fons Adriaensen a lot. It's a basic goto for all unexposed situations. When I need something more subtle I turn to Tim Goetze's CAPS plate 2x2 LADSPA plugin. It can sound much smaller and unobtrusive. For orchestral instruments, piano and good vocals, I first try a convolution reverb, which you can use with a few LV2 plugins or with jconvolver. Jconvolver, being a standalone app, can be connected in any way, that you like, to your DAW. I believe there also exists a standalone program by Fons Adriaensen, that specially tailored to IR reverbs, so you can adapt even those to some extent.
There are one or two Calf reverbs, that I tried and found helpful in certain situations, but despite their interesting parameter range, I never lifted them into my shortlist.

Ta-ta

----
Ffanci
* Homepage: https://freeshell.de/~silvain