Re: [LAU] make alsa device hw:1,0 be hw:0,0 somehow

From: michael noble <looplog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 05 2015 - 07:02:48 EEST

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 8:25 AM, Ben Burdette <bburdette@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> No one ever uses that portaudio mode in linux in the
> supercollider world, so its something of a surprise that it works at
> all.

This quote alone suggests you may be overstating the difficulty of getting
a working JACK system up and running with the latencies you require. If
JACK were as bad as you maintain, surely more people would be using the
alternative? I'd thoroughly recommend you spend the time you will spend
trying to get the portaudio backend running the way you want and use that
time instead to learn how to set up and use JACK on your platform. In my
experience, once JACK is set up and running, it is as hassle free as any
other direct interface, but with the added bonus of future flexibility if
required...