Re: [LAU] Getting started editing and playing a score

From: Edgar Aichinger <edogawa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 05 2015 - 12:05:09 EEST

Am Montag, 5. Oktober 2015, 18:14:15 schrieb worik:
> Thank you every body. Helpful, definitely helpful
>
> On 05/10/15 16:11, Bob van der Poel wrote:
> > Even though I did suggest musescore ... I have to admit that I rarely
> > use it for notation. I still use good old MUP which I think produces
> > some of the best output of any available notation programs. Fairly
> > steep learning curve, but that makes it fun :)
>
> But is there a link for MUP? I cannot find it in my repositories

http://www.arkkra.com/

It's great to see that MUP has become opensource in 2012, i wasn't aware of that...

Oh and noone has mentioned Lilypond yet, or ABC - both being notation "programming languages" as well, with existing GUI frontends of some sort, Denemo for Lilypond and runabc, flabc and others for ABC.

Edgar