Re: [LAU] make alsa device hw:1,0 be hw:0,0 somehow

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 05 2015 - 12:45:08 EEST

On 10/05/2015 01:25 AM, Ben Burdette wrote:
> I've heard from someone else who seemed to know things that jack does
> add latency, but I haven't measured it myself... I'd be interested to
> read about this lack of latency. But latency aside jack can be a
> monumental hassle, don't get me started.

JACK does not add latency. It does add some overhead, Jack2 some more
than Jack1, and especially on small ARM dev boards like the bananapi.
This overhead could get in the way of achieving the lowest latency
possible compared to using plain ALSA. So if you're using an ARM board
to output sound from a single application you might be better off using
plain ALSA.

Jeremy