Re: [LAU] Getting started editing and playing a score

From: David Santamauro <david.santamauro@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 05 2015 - 22:13:08 EEST

On 10/04/2015 07:20 PM, worik wrote:

> I would like to get started editing a simple score and producing some
> sound from it.

I am an avid fan of frescobaldi[1] (lilypond editor). I would set up
jack to connect to a windows server running VEP[2] or Bidule[3] as VST
hosts, connect the graph appropriately and have frescobaldi play the
midi file to some remote sound generators. It's fun, for sure and when I
need to create beautiful, distribution-ready scores, that is my go-to setup.

David

[1] http://frescobaldi.org/
[2] https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Vienna_Software_Package/Vienna_Ensemble_PRO
[3] https://www.plogue.com/products/bidule/