Re: [LAU] make alsa device hw:1,0 be hw:0,0 somehow

From: Ben Burdette <bburdette@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 06 2015 - 00:40:11 EEST

On 10/05/2015 01:12 AM, Hanspeter Portner wrote:
> On 05.10.2015 01:25, Ben Burdette wrote:
>> Unfortunately my system (bananapi with armv7 processor) doesn't have a
>> bios so I can't deactivate the onboard audio there. Disabling the
>> hw:0,0 is sort of a last resort before I just rewrite my stuff in
>> something other than supercollider, that doesn't require jack and
>> actually allows selecting another audio device.
> Have you tried with the mainline kernel, if you should be running a
> 'special' one instead?
>
> bananapi: sudo pacman -S linux-armv7
>
> I have an Olinuxino-LIME2 running ArchLinux with linux-armv7, it has the
> same SOC (Allwinner A20) as the bananapi, iirc, and aplay only shows my
> usb card.
>
> lime2: aplay -l
> card 0: MK2 [Traktor Audio 2 MK2], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
> Subdevices: 1/1
> Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>
> P.s. the mainline kernel does not ship with GPU acceleration and some
> other drivers that may be vital to your application...
>
> P.p.s: I'd recommend to use JACK1 instead of JACK2 on embedded platforms.

I installed linux-armv7, but I couldn't ssh to the device after reboot.
Before reboot it said I need to have an updated uboot, not sure if I
have one or not, but that might be why it didn't work. Or who knows?
Maybe will come back to this later. For now I think I've burned enough
cycles on this device order problem.

I've ordered an i2c audio device, will be curious to see if that makes
for better latency than USB, but it probably won't arrive for a few
weeks. From what I understand it should be a good bit faster.

In the meantime I think I'm going to play around with faust, I've had
pretty good luck with that so far.