Re: [LAU] make alsa device hw:1,0 be hw:0,0 somehow

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 06 2015 - 16:24:33 EEST

On 10/06/2015 03:06 PM, Ben Burdette wrote:
> On 10/06/2015 01:02 AM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>> On 10/05/2015 11:40 PM, Ben Burdette wrote:
>>> I've ordered an i2c audio device, will be curious to see if that makes
>>> for better latency than USB, but it probably won't arrive for a few
>>> weeks. From what I understand it should be a good bit faster.
>> From my own experience the difference between USB and I2C is just that
>> one period of buffering that gets added with USB. Other than that both
>> draw about the same load on the boards I've used (Raspberry Pi).
>>
>> Jeremy
>>

> Is that the buffering period you pass to jack? If so that would be
> 23.5ms (1024/44100) which would be a huge gain for me.

Yes. But did you already try using different buffer settings? An example
could be -n3 -p128 -r4800 which would result in a JACK latency of
256/4800*3=8ms. I do think the onboard audio interface should work
properly too, how did you measure its latency? I've successfully got
system latency below 10ms with the same codec on a Cubieboard so it
should be possible on the Banana Pi too.

Jeremy