Re: [LAU] What happens (or not) if one use the active d-bus interface option in QjackCtl ?

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 10 2015 - 12:03:04 EEST

On 10/10/2015 06:27 AM, fred wrote:

> all is in subject, anyway let me ask again;
>
> What happens (or not) if one use the active d-bus interface option in
> QjackCtl ?

re. qjackctl > Setup > Misc > Other > Enable D-Bus interface:

there's two main things to know when this option is turned ON:

1) qjackctl will start and stop the jack server via jackdbus, ie. via
the jack d-bus service which is provided by JACK2
(org.jackaudio.service) only; it has NO effect on JACK1 implementations;

when the jackdbus service is enabled, qjackctl won't run jackd so there
will be no command line to start and run jackd whatsoever (eg. server
prefix and suffix fields are inconsequential).

2) a qjackctl specific d-bus system interface (org.rncbc.qjackctl) is
activated as a means to control a few aspects of qjackctl application
itself , with the following available service methods:

   start
        start the jack server
   stop
        stop the jack server
   main
        toggle main window visibility
   messages
        toggle Messages window visibility
   status
        toggle Status window visibility
   session
        toggle Session window visibility
   connections
        toggle Connections window visibility
   patchbay
        toggle Patchbay window visibility
   rewind
        transport rewind
   backward
        transport backward
   play
        transport play/start
   pause
        transport pause/stop
   forward
        transport forward
   setup
        show Setup dialog
   about
        show About dialog
   quit
        application close/exit
   preset string:PRESET
        applies a named preset
   load
        open/load a jack session
   save
        save a jack session
   savequit
         save and quit a jack session
   savetemplate
        save a jack session template

example usage:

   dbus-send --system / org.rncbc.qjackctl.stop
   dbus-send --system / org.rncbc.qjackctl.preset string:ALSA_96000_RT
   dbus-send --system / org.rncbc.qjackctl.start

hth.
cheers

--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela