Re: [LAU] Diagnosing JACK

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Oct 12 2015 - 14:37:49 EEST

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 13:02:03 +0200, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote:
>There's still some rough spots, true, but complaining here about it
>won't fix anything. There's PA mailing lists and IRC channels.

Then hopefully those who have issues with pulseaudio use this
communication channels. I'm not against pulseaudio, I don't
experience issues with pulseaudio. I'm also not against software for
stitching or CNC technology. Many people simply don't need pulseaudio,
stitching and CNC technology software. So, if somebody shouldn't need
pulseaudio, but pulseaudio should cause trouble, why is it installed?
The main argument to have pulseaudio installed usually is, that it
reportedly is installed by default and that removing it reportedly is
impossible without breaking the install. I only mentioned that removing
pulseaudio, assumed it isn't needed, might be a way to solve the OP'S
issue with pulseaudio.

Assumed somebody should report issues with jackd, because stitching and
CNC technology software breaks the work-flow and it would be an option
to remove this software, because it isn't needed, then why commenting
out lines in configs or suspend/kill this software, when removing is
the most simple solution?

There seems not to be a religion con pulseaudio, there seems to be a
religion pro pulseaudio, even if it's completely useless for many users.

Other and I explained that removing pulseaudio often is easy to do.
Btw. Those who want to use pulseaudio and those who run into issues
regarding hard dependencies, if they don't want to use it, should
report those issues upstream.

Those of us who don't need it, don't use it, don't have it installed
and who btw. do not complain, can't report issues to upstream, a mailing
list or IRC.

My intention wasn't a pulseaudio debate, I simply recommended to remove
pulseaudio, assumed the OP shouldn't need it. What's wrong with this
advice?

Regards,
Ralf