Re: [LAU] YAPD (Yet Another Pulseaudio Debate) [WAS]: Re: Diagnosing JACK

From: fred <f.rech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 12 2015 - 23:09:23 EEST

      De : Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
 À : linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
 Envoyé le : Lundi 12 octobre 2015 9h46
 Objet : [LAU] YAPD (Yet Another Pulseaudio Debate) [WAS]: Re: Diagnosing JACK

I see jack as the more advanced linux audio layer which most users can
easily ignore. For me it's like extreme gamer-oriened graphics (hardware
and software)... I can't really be botherd as long as I can use gimp,
inkscape, pingus, and watch a video smoothly I'm happy with my graphics :-)

The jack paradigm (connect any audio application to any other audio
application) is really powerful (and personally one of the reasons which
drew me to Linux). Yet it is just a bit more complicated to set-up,
especially for users coming from other operating systems, but I wouldn't
blame pulseaudio for that - actually there's no one to 'blame'...