Re: [LAU] Simple delay app

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 21 2015 - 13:13:25 EEST

On 18/10/2015 01:46, Joel Roth wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> A friend (Chicago Cubs fan) tells me that the radio
> commentary is much better than on the TV. He'd like to watch
> the TV with the volume off and listen to the radio but it
> doesn't work well due to a delay in the video feed. Can
> anyone suggest an easy way to put the audio through an
> adjustable delay to sync (at least approximately) with the
> video?

If the audio can be routed through a computer a very simple PD (Pure
Data) patch could be hacked to this end.
Advantage compared to delay 'effects' (with dry/wet etc.) is that with
pd you'd simply have a digital delay line. The patch would look
something like this:

[adc~]

[delwrite~ delay_line 5000]
  _____