Re: [LAU] killling zombie jack

From: F. Silvain <silvain@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 21 2015 - 20:18:15 EEST

Atte, Oct 21 2015:
> 1) How can I kill-kill jack when it's hanging?
Write a script, if you want to make sure, that all JACKs are killed;
killall -16 jackd
killall -9 jackd
killall -15 jackdbus
If it doesn't work for you user, try to run that script as root, using sudo, or whatever the GUI offers you. I've always been able to kill JACK with that, if it was necessary.

> 2) What's the prober way of having two versions of jack installed,
> making sure I'm *always* using one version as default (specifically, how
> to make qjackctl and renoise use the same version)?
I think you shouldn't have jack1 and jack2 on one system, but I may be mistaken. Programs, that linked against jack1 usually work with jack2. So you might remove jack1, if that's what you want. I'm not sure, if this works the other way round, i.e. removing jack2 to only use jack1.

Ta-ta

----
Ffanci
* Homepage: https://freeshell.de/~silvain