Re: [LAU] killling zombie jack

From: Kaza Kore <dj_kaza@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 22 2015 - 13:58:15 EEST

> I have no idea what jackdbus is, which package it belongs to or why
> renoise thinks that's the proper way to start jack...
>
> Cheers
> --
> Atte

Jackdbus is one of the two methods jack2 can run in. Jack1 does not have a dbus version. dbus is required for certain operations, including to use the Pulseaudio sync modules, hence why it seems to be often the one used as default these days. qjackctl also install and defaults to starting the dbus version although this can be changed in the settings.

This page has differences between jack1 and jack2 and very very lightly touches on dbus.

https://github.com/jackaudio/jackaudio.github.com/wiki/Q_difference_jack1_jack2

Dale.