Re: [LAU] killling zombie jack

From: Atte <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 22 2015 - 12:47:16 EEST

On 10/21/2015 03:30 PM, Chris Caudle wrote:
> On Wed, October 21, 2015 4:17 am, Atte wrote:
>> 2) What's the prober way of having two versions of jack installed,
>> making sure I'm *always* using one version as default (specifically, how
>> to make qjackctl and renoise use the same version)?

> The jack developers have always been very insistent that two versions of
> jack can never be installed simultaneously.

I removed jackd1, which took qjackctl with it. Installed qjackctl from
source, problem persists. Before someone suggests: In fact I did
"apt-get remove --purge" on everything jack, and then reinstalled
jackd2-firewire (which took jackd2 with it).

I have no idea what jackdbus is, which package it belongs to or why
renoise thinks that's the proper way to start jack...

Cheers

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://a773.dk