Re: [LAU] killling zombie jack

From: Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 23 2015 - 13:59:58 EEST

Am 23.10.2015 um 12:47 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 09:30:50 +0200, Christopher Arndt wrote:
>> So ist that entry in that wiki table about missing ALSA MIDI
>> integration in Jack 2 wrong?
>
> Actually I don't know what you mean, so perhaps running commands does
> explain differences.

The comparision table here:

https://github.com/jackaudio/jackaudio.github.com/wiki/Q_difference_jack1_jack2

says:

"Has builtin integration with Linux MIDI" Jack 2 = no

Then Jeremy said:

> This was already in Jack2 before it got added to Jack1. The
> corresponding Jack2 driver name is -Xalsarawmidi.

Now you are saying:

> The Xalsarawmidi switch [...] Jack 2
> already provided it years ago.

Then why isn't it mentioned in the man page? Or did you both (Jeremy,
Ralf) mean to say '-Xraw'?

And:

> To get a usable bridge between ALSA and Jack MIDI, there is the need to
> use a2jmidi, even if you use the Xalsarawmidi switch.

WTF?

Chris