Re: [LAU] re Zoom R16

From: jmancine <jason@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 23 2015 - 20:06:50 EEST

[quote] By the way which Linux kernel (or distribution for that matter) are
you using? [/quote]

I have several distros I use... UbuntuStudio, AVLinux. I did see your post
on the AVLInux forum about the R16. The focus there has been on stability
rather than on broad compatibility...and it is indeed the most stable of all
distros I have used. But the older Squeeze base and now ancient 3.6 kernel
have made it hard to stay current with effects and apps that require newer
libs. The dev (GMaq) has been working on a totally new version that will
be released both 32 and 64 bit, and hopefully be based on a current kernel.

UbuntuStudio is pretty solid, but it is SO bloated. I can not seem to make
anything work without occassional xruns (whereas I have never had an xrun in
AVLInux)

I will also voice my support for R16 support in the next version of AVLinux,
as well as for a patch for the current version. Thanks again!