Re: [LAU] killling zombie jack

From: Neil C Smith <neilcsmith.net@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 23 2015 - 21:11:38 EEST

On 23 October 2015 at 18:37, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:
>> IIRC .jackdrc is ignored by jackdbus when it's auto-started - the
>> configuration is read from ~/.config/jack/conf.xml
>
> jackd can be auto-started too
> www.rncbc.org/drupal/node/820

Not sure you've read what you pointed to! :-P

Yes of course jackd can be auto-started. However, unless I'm missing
something in the code I linked to above, the mechanism used to
auto-start is hardwired into Jack2 at compile time?

eg. "the --dbus flag must be defined at configure time to compile the
jackdbus executable. If the "automatic start server option" is used by
clients, jackd server will be started using the dbus service."

from https://github.com/jackaudio/jack2

So any system that includes jackdbus will auto-start through dbus.

Neil

--
Neil C Smith
Artist : Technologist : Adviser