Re: [LAU] send a midi CC signal to my midi controller from bash

From: Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 24 2015 - 04:58:59 EEST

> Am 24.10.2015 um 03:26 schrieb Athanasios Silis <athanasios.silis@email-addr-hidden>:
> So why not show up in amidi too?
> and how can I send data to this port ? I mean I can send from midish to this port, so why not from amidi too?

aplaymidi shows ALSA sequencer clients with an input port, aplay shows raw ALSA midi ports. Those are different things and programs use different ALSA functions to access one or the other.

BTW, instead of using Bash to program MIDI clients, may I suggest something more sane:

https://github.com/SpotlightKid/python-rtmidi

(Disclaimer: yes, I'm the author of this project)

--
Christopher Arndt <info@email-addr-hidden>