Re: [LAU] The Quiet Moon

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 02 2015 - 17:53:12 EET

On 11/02/2015 10:39 AM, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> Nice track.

Thank you !

> I looked up the web page for Hive and ACE. A few questions if
> you don't mind. Are you using them in Linux ? Windows EXE install via
> Wine ?

Officially-approved Linux versions have been available for a while. See
this thread on KVR for the details :

     http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=424953

No Wine needed or used.

To be clear, these are commercial/proprietary products, not open-source.

> Do they interface at all with Ardour ?

Yes, last time I checked they worked fine in Ardour.

> This track has slow
> moving notes. If played as fast staccato, do these synths have any
> latency since they run in Wine - does Wine have any special
> setup/configuration ?

Can't say, I've never run the Windows versions in Wine or anywhere else.
Tempo will affect anything locked to the host tempo, e.g. LFO or delay
time, which means that tempo ramps can cause unexpected/unwanted things
to happen to the sounds.

Best,

dp