Re: [LAU] Music Made With Linux - Rated Blue EP Released!

From: Chris Caudle <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 03 2015 - 18:54:24 EET

On Mon, November 2, 2015 5:15 pm, Glen MacArthur wrote:
> for this material I wanted to go with the old classic power-trio
> stage mix, since as a trio every piece counts I wanted more definition
> especially for the bass because it really is what fills in the space
> and Pete is a good enough player to deserve his own channel :). Also
> the track order was also kind of planned as a live set would go,
> obviously the first cut is the most directly blues derivative but in
> a live show such a song would be uptempo and a way to say "hey we're
> here!" and get the audience involved and let the band warm up a bit
> before getting to the more demanding stuff..

I think it was successful then, because as I was listening almost right
away came to mind listening to blues in a club or bar. There were a
couple of songs where I thought that if you added some chatter and
applause you could almost get away with making people think it was a live
recording.

I don't remember if you said, was it tracked live, or did you overdub parts?

--
Chris Caudle