Re: [LAU] Is there a newer, better "Jack Rack"?

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 08 2015 - 02:45:49 EET

On Sat, 7 Nov 2015, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 09:34:04 -0800 (PST), Len Ovens wrote:
>> Linux sampler for example may cause problems for some packaging.
>
> Hi Len,
>
> I guess you're thinking about the GPL and that nobody maintains a
> package for official Debian/Ubuntu repositories.
>
> Regarding Caral's dependencies there might be concerns regarding
> Steinberg, but I don't understand why there should be an issue regarding
> Linuxsampler.

Not trying to pass judgement myself, only mentioning that the building of
Carla is very versatile. I can't speak what should or should not be
included in package archives only that I understand this is a reality a
packager must face. This is perhaps one of the good defences for
installing a basic system and building whatever is not included.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net