Re: [LAU] Music recorded with Linux: The Deschanels

From: Glen MacArthur <info@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 12 2015 - 19:18:23 EET

Riccardo Binetti wrote:
> My new band released its first EP today, some good old four-chords punk
> rock :)
>
> Everything was recorded, mixed and mastered with Ardour 4.x + various
> lv2 plugins. Thanks to every developer that made this possible!
>
> https://thedeschanels.bandcamp.com/album/feels-love-and-amarone
>
> --
> rbino

Hi!

Great job! Very good punchy production especially for the genre, the
vocals are nice and up-front and the guitars have a great crunch. I'm
curious if they are miked amps or amp sims? I enjoyed "I'm Thinking About
You (While I'm Watching Breaking Bad)" the most but it is a good
collection of songs. Nice work!

If you don't mind it would be great to know more details about how you
recorded it (mics used, guitars/amps used, plugins used etc.). Thanks for
sharing and best of luck with youe project!

Glen