Re: [LAU] Muse refuses to start

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Nov 18 2015 - 02:36:36 EET

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:53:04 -0700 (MST), Menno wrote:
>Since a few weeks i am not capable to start Muse anymore on the slave
>machine.
>
>My system is: AMD, LinuxMint17.2, KXStudio

Perhaps an upgrade has broken something?

Mint is not an Ubuntu flavour, it's an Ubuntu derivative and KXStudio
is a third party repository for Debian and Ubuntu. Doesn't such a
combination ask for trouble?

>fatal error: open /dev/rtc failed: Permission denied
>hint: check if 'rtc' kernel module is loaded, or used by something else
>Trying ALSA timer...
>AlsaTimer::initTimer(): best available ALSA timer: system timer

Isn't RTC or HR timer needed?

Regards,
Ralf

--
If a Christian or Muslim commits a crime in cold blood, they say that
those people were ungodly. How many ungodly wars do we find in history