Re: [LAU] [OT]: Multiple windows paradigm - [WAS]: Re: A Project To Upgrade seq24

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 10 2015 - 11:42:05 EET

I am not against different workspaces or opening things at the same time to
look at both of them. I am against this being done with many windows. I
cannot afford having 12 windows tabs and having to switch around all the
time. There are other ways to organize this within one window. Blender GUI
is one example.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 9:38 AM, Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> On 09/12/2015 22:17, Louigi Verona wrote:
>

>> A single window mode is very welcome. I don't understand this Linux
>> obsession with opening a zillion of windows.
>>

> Personally I find multiple windows a very nice distinctive feature on
> Linux vs. other OSs, especially for complex applications which offer
> different 'interaction paradigms'. An example is a sequencer : having a new
> matrix window open possibly for multiple tracks is useful, having another
> window for the score editing. Possibly putting those windows on different
> workspaces.
> Also the option e.g. to only those windows (not the whole application)
> 'always on top' can be useful (and it's good to have options)
>
> Throw in the multitude of window managers out there and choice is really
> wide.
>
> Lorenzo

Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.com/ <http://www.louigiverona.ru/>